PRINCE2 Foundation Courses - PRINCE2 Training
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
All of our PRINCE2 Courses and all of its courseware are fully accredited by BCS (British Computer Society)
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After confirmation of your payment, PRINCE2 Training will deliver to you your own courseware folder, refreshments, both official examinations dependant on chosen course and the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 manual (which is yours to keep) once you attend the course.
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are delighted to say that your PRINCE2 Foundation examination is built-in to the course cost altogether. All following exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Do I need any experience when taking the course?
No. The PRINCE2 Foundation course is open to anyone who wishes to learn the PRINCE2 methodologies or for those who wants to enhance their career within project management.
Can I take the Practitioner exam first?
You will have complete foundation course before starting the practitioner certification. Evidence of this will be required if you are seeking to take the Practitioner exam only
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The course runs from 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The training instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
How can I can find out more information about the PRINCE2 Foundation course?
if you would like to find out any more information, please contact our PRINCE2 training team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 0355 832
PRINCE2® Foundation 3 day course covers the following topics:
PRINCE2 Foundation Training
The PRINCE2 Foundation training course, has been built to prepare you for the foundation exams which takes place on the last day of the course. The course demonstrates PRojects IN Controlled Environments and has been widely used by the UK Government, the private sector and internationally. If you pass the PRINCE2 Foundation exam, you will have gained a wealthy amount of knowledge and will be able to work in any project group. You will also be able to take the more advanced training qualification: PRINCE2 Practitioner. The project managment certification is designed to teach you methods for effective leadership in any environement.
There are number of key features to the foundation course which include:
- Focus on business justification.
- Planning approach that focuses on the product.
- Emphasis on sharing project tasks into easier to manage and control stages.
- Defining the organisational structure for the management team and the flexibility to apply the knowledge at any level that is appropriate to the project.
What is the PRINCE2 Foundation course?
The PRINCE2 foundation course is the first qualification of the PRINCE2 courses. The project management certification will give you the basic knowledge about the PRINCE2 methodology which will help you to understand how to work effectivly with any project. The framework and methodology will be introduced throughout the training and is suitable for anyone who is looking to become a project manager.
The PRINCE2 Foundation course teaches you the four essentials to the project management method:
- Continued business justification.
- Learn from experience.
- Defined Roles and Responsibilities.
- Manage by stages.
- Manage by expectation.
- Focus on Products.
- Tailor to suit the project environment.
- Business Case.
- Starting up a project.
- Directing a Product.
- Initiating a Project.
- Controlling a Stage.
- Managing a Stage Boundary.
- Closing a Project.
- Tailoring the Project.
During the course you will learn to differentiate between the seven processes and how they are implemented in the PRINCE2 environment. The aim of the foundation course is to provide basic yet sufficient understanding and knowledge of the course, this will enable you to work effectively with, or as a member of a PRINCE2 management team. The PRINCE2 foundation course is a prerequisite to the higher level Practitioner course. Once you have successfully passed the Foundation course you will receive an internationally recognised Foundation certification.
What is PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 is an acronym for PRojects IN Controlled Environments. It is a course that is open to anyone, it is a great way to start you career or enhance it in project management. It is a processed method that is globally recognised and shows employers that you are competent in handling and leading projects. This method can be changed to implement any size or scope. The methodology of this course has proven itself countless times to be an effective management method. There are many project management courses but only PRINCE2 has the ability to be fully tailor able to any size project. All other methods are considered to be too rigid or assertive. PRINCE2 consists of two different levels, Foundation and Practitioner, however the Practitioner certification can only be achieved once the Foundation course has been successfully passed. The Foundation course introduces the methods and basic terminology of PRINCE2 which can be implemented in any project regardless of the size. Both levels of training can be completed via distance learning and exams can be both written at home or at an authorised exam centre. Upon passing both Foundation and the Practitioner courses, you will be a registered Practitioner with internationally recognised PRINCE2 certifications
The History of PRINCE2
The foundation course was introduced in 1989 but was named PROMPT II. In 1989 the CCTA (Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency) used this method for IT services in in the UK government and had decided to rename the method to PRINCE. Later in 1989 during a civil service competition, the PRINCE acronym changed and now stands for PRojects IN Controlled Environments.
It soon became obvious that the project management method could be used in other areas other than IT and in 1996, it was released as a generic project management method and called PRINCE2.
PRINCE2 Foundation exam format
The exam features:
- Multiple choice examination questions.
- 75 questions.
- 5 questions to be trailed and not counted towards overall score.
- Require 35 marks to pass (out of a possible 70) - 50%.
- One hour exam duration.
- Closed book.
- PRINCE2 Course Manual
- PRINCE2 Certificates
- Experienced PRINCE2 Instructors
- Pre-course PRINCE2 material provided before attendance
- PRINCE2 exam
- Official BCS certificate
- “Thank you for your patience and guidance as I know I was slightly scared that I wouldn't be able to finish the pre-reading. The instructor was great making sure I fully understood each section. Was great to know that before I attended you could answer all my questions. Great customer service”By Barbara Jackson (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 25/08/2012) from Henley on Thames
- “Was never in doubt about you not being able to deliver what you said you would once I finished my 1st day on the course. You promised an in depth learning experience and that's what you provided with me ending up with a PRINCE2 Foundation qualification. So pleased”By Iain Wilkinson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 12/06/2012) from Leicester
- “Almost forgot what it was like to be back in a classroom environment. I was worried about the level of work required but glad to say that it all paid off. Was such a smooth process from start to finish”By Allan Jenkins (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 17/06/2012) from Aylesbury
- “Your pre-course work especially the test was amazing. Could not believe how well thought out it was. I'm awaiting to attend my Practitioner so hopefully the pre-course work again will be very detailed.”By Harry Clarke (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 24/07/2012) from Bow
- “It was great that I had my results at the end of the course, was not expecting that. Thoroughly impressed with your organised approach to helping me attend. Next stop, looking to book my Practitioner.”By Katy Percival (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 08/05/2012)) from Reading
We do not currently have a video for this course