ITIL Service Capability Planning, Protection and Optimisation
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
Yes, we are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by the APMG (Association of Project Managers Group).
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made you will be provided with your own courseware folder, refreshments, official examination and official certificate. Please note that delegates are advised to purchase and read the following publication in advance of the course ISBN 9780113313051
How much are the exams?
We are happy to say that your ITIL examination is included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Yes, as a pre-requisite, we advise that you should purchase and read the following publication in advance of the course ISBN 9780113313051
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
What are the course hours?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your ITIL® course
ITIL® Service Capability - Planning, Protection, and Optimization 5 day course covers the following topics:
This transitional PeopleCert accredited 5 day ITIL® Service Capability – Planning, Protection and Optimisation training course will enable individuals to enhance on their knowledge and skills learnt from the ITIL® Foundation’ course. This course will cover the materials on the importance of planning, protecting and optimise the services capabilities and factors.
Candidates with develop the skills to plan, cover and enhance service capabilities within the organisation by adding and enhancing new services.
In order to attend this course, delegates must:
- Have completed the course ‘ITIL® Foundation’ in IT Service Management
- Be familiar with IT terminology
- Hold an ISEB/EXIN ITIL® Foundation Certificate
- Hold an ITIL® Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Have a minimum of 2 years of work experience
- Completed at least 12 personal study hours on ITIL Service Design
- Completed ITIL Service Design pre-course work
- Understand the Service Management context
Pre-Course Reading Material
- Have read 'An Introductory Overview of ITIL® V3'
- Read from ‘ITIL Service Strategy’ (2011 Edition)
- Read from ‘Service Design’ (2011 Edition)
Who should attend this course?
- Capacity Managers
- Availability Managers
- Service Level Managers
- Business Continuity Managers
- Service Portfolio Manager
- ITIL Expert
- Those in IT Service Management
- Anyone who want to gain ITIL® qualifications
After completing this course, delegate will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on Planning, Protection and Optimisation
- Have knowledge on IT Service Continuity Management
- Gain the skills to plan and enhance service capabilities
- Have the skills to protect service capabilities
This 5 days course will be divided into a two-part structure.
- In the first 3 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand ITIL®,
- The remaining 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to take the ITIL® Service Capability – Planning, Protection and Optimisation exam.
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening.
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to ITIL® Service Capability – Planning, Protection and Optimisation
- Features of ITIL® Service Capability
- Features of Planning, Protection and Optimisation
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of ITIL®
- Definitions of ITIL®
- IT Service Management (ITSM)
- International Service Management Standard
- Capacity Management
- Availability Management
- IT Service Continuity Management
- Information Security Management
- Demand Management
- Risk Management
- Service Planning
- Service Protection
- Service Optimisation
- Service Management
- Service Lifecycle
- Technology Considerations
- Implementation Considerations
- Critical Success Factors
- Critical Risk Factors
- Roles and Responsibilities
- ITIL Service Design Processes
ITIL® Service Capability - Planning, Protection and Optimisation exam consists of:
- Knowledge of ITIL® Service Capability
- Multiple scenario-based examination
- ITIL methodology
- 8 questions
- 1½ hour
- Pass mark - 70%
- ITIL® Course Manual
- ITIL® Certificates
- ITIL® Experienced instructors
- Pre-course ITIL® material provided before attendance
- Planning, Protection and Optimisation exam
- Official PeopleCert certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course