IOSH Training - IOSH Courses
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your IOSH® course
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
Yes, we are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by IOSH (The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health)
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made you will be provided with your own courseware folder, refreshments, official examination and official certificate
How much are the exams?
We are happy to say that your IOSH Managing Safely examination/assessment is included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
What are the prerequisites?
To attend this course, you must: Completed and passed the course ‘IOSH Working Safely’ Have knowledge in Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
How long is the course?
4 days and the daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
IOSH Managing Safely 4 day course covers the following topics:
Safety management is a grown and demanding skill in any type of environment and industry. This intensive 4 day Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Managing Safely BCS accredited course will prove the qualifications to enable this. This course will cover the materials covered in ‘IOSH Working Safely’ as well as materials related to safety management.
This programme will provide delegates the knowledge and skills on human factors and how human failure contributes to accident causes.
Candidates can take their knowledge and skills further by proceeding in more advance level certifications and maintain their qualification by taking ‘IOSH Managing Safely Refresher’.
To attend this course, you must:
- Completed and passed the course ‘IOSH Working Safely’
- Have knowledge in Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Who should attend this course?
- Anybody interested in Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Those who want to gain qualifications in IOSH
- Those in a Supervisory Role
Those in a Management Role
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on what risks are
- Have knowledge on how human failure contributes to accident causes
- Gain the skills to perform an accident investigation
- Gain the skills to manage common hazards to prevent risks
This 4 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first 3 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- The last day will cover the essential materials needed to take the IOSH Managing Safely exam
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to IOSH Managing Safely
- Features of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Features of Managing Safely
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of IOSH
- Definitions of IOSH
- Managing Safely
- Assessing Risks
- Controlling Risks
- Managers’ Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Hazards and Risks
- Accidents and Incidents
- Safety Performance
- Protecting your Environment
- The Importance of Managing Safely
- Risk Assessment Roles
- Risk Assessment Process
- Risk Control Methods
- Legal Systems
- Health and Safety Management Systems
- Common Hazards
- How Accidents and Incidents Happen
- Performance Measurement
- Health and Safety Performance
- The Role of Auditing
- Control Pollution and Waste
- Environmental Management System
- Human Factors
- What are Risks?
- Reduce Risks
IOSH Managing Safely consists of:
- Knowledge in IOSH
- Multiple choice examination
- IOSH methodology
- 10 questions
- Closed book
- 20 minutes
- Pass mark – 50%
- IOSH Course Manual
- IOSH Certificates
- Experienced IOSH instructors
- Pre-course IOSH material provided before attendance
- IOSH exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course