MSP Courses - MSP Training Courses
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
We are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by the APMG (Association of Project Managers Group).
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made PRINCE2 Training will supply, your own courseware folder, the official Managing Successul Programmes manual (which is yours to keep), refreshments, both official examinations dependant on chosen course, pre-course work supplied via email and official certificate(s)
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are happy to say that your Foundation & Practitioner examinations are included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Yes. As a pre-requisite, we provide pre-course work via email that we strongly advise you work through prior to attending. We will supply the first 3 chapters of the official manual that we'd like for you read and complete a few short exercises that need to be handed to the instructor upon arrival on the course
Can I take the Practitioner exam first?
To take the Practitioner exam you must first gain a Pass at the Foundation level. Proof of this will be required if seeking to take the Practitioner exam only
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your MSP® course
MSP® Foundation & Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
This intensive 5 day BCS accredited MSP® Foundation and Practitioner course is a combination course that will outline the principles and processes methodology that is used to help manage programmes within the organisation to achieve successful results. This programme will cover a variety of topics related to the businesses objectives and goals and how to alter MSP® to the programme environment.
After completing this course, delegate will gain the knowledge to pass the MSP® Foundation and Practitioner exams as well as applying this knowledge to the workplace.
- There are no prior prerequisites to attend this course but the desire to gain knowledge and skills in Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
Pre-Course Reading Material
- “Introduction, Principles, Introduction to Themes from the “Managing Successful Programmes” (2007 Edition)
- Candidates will need to complete a minimum of 15 hours of personal study prior to the course
- Have completed the short pre-course workbook
Who should attend this course?
- This course is aimed towards Business Professionals who wish to gain further knowledge on how to gain the qualifications into Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on the benefits of realisation management
- Have knowledge on the benefits of a programme in the environment
- Gain the skills to identify and define a programme
- Have the skills to customise the MSP® to the programme environment
This 5 days course will be divided into a two-part structure.
- In the first 3 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) for the MSP exam
- The remaining 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to take the MSP Practitioner exams
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening.
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to MSP® Foundation and Practitioner
- Features of Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
- Features of MSP® Foundation
- Features of MSP® Practitioner
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of MSP
- Definitions of MSP
- The Principles in MSP
- Responsibilities of Communication
- Lines of Communication
- Plan the Work
- Benefits of the Programme
- Interested Parties
- The Stakeholders
- Issues and Risks
- Ensure Quality
- Track Data Information
- Continually Changing Environment
- Audit a Programme
- The Processes in MSP
- Benefits of the Organisation
- Create a Programme
- How the Programme will affect the Business
- Establish the Programme
- Monitor the Projects
- Co-ordinate the Projects
- The Transition Between the 'old' and 'new' Ways of Working
- Close the Programme
- Achieve the 'End Goal'
- Governance Theme
- Leadership Engagement
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Benefits of Realisation Management
- Blueprint Design
- Blueprint Delivery
- Planning and Control
- The Business Case
- Risk Management
- Issue Resolution
- Quality Management
- Transformational Flow
- Identify a Programme
- Define a Programme
- Manage the Tranches
- Deliver the Capability
- The Benefits of a Programme
- Close a programme
- The MSP® and the Environment
MSP® Foundation exam consists of:
- Knowledge of MSP®
- Multiple choice examination
- MSP® methodology
- 75 questions
- 1 hour
- Pass mark – 50%
MSP® Practitioner exam consists of:
- Knowledge of MSP
- Multiple choice
- Objective testing questions
- MSP methodology
- 80 questions
- 2½ hour
- Pass mark – 50%
- MSP Course Manual
- MSP Certificates
- Experienced instructors
- Pre-course MSP material provided before attendance
- MSP exams
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course