ISTQB Software Testing - Foundation
Can you confirm the examination is accredited?
Yes. The examination is fully accredited by BCS
What am I provided with on the course?
After payment has been made, PRINCE2 Training will supply you with your own ISTQB Software Testing Foundation courseware folder, exam, certificate and refreshments
How much are the exams?
The ISTQB Software Testing foundation exam is included in the course fee
Do I need to study before attending the course?
There are no prior prerequisites to attend this course but the desire to gain an understanding in BCS/ISTQB Software Testing
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your ISTQB Software Testing Foundation course
ISTQB Software Testing Foundation 3 day course covers the following topics:
This BCS/ISTQB Software Testing Foundation 3 day course will introduce the basic principles of software testing. This course will cover the fundamentals for testing software including topics such as; test design techniques; test management; testing throughout the life cycle; static test techniques; and test tools.
This programme will provide delegates an insight on what testing is, why it is necessary and the different types of testing. All of these will enable individuals to gain the skills to use a variety of test tools and techniques to test softwares, along with prepare and pass for the exam on the last day.
Candidates can take their knowledge and skills further by proceeding to the Intermediate level certifications.
- There are no prior prerequisites to attend this course but the desire to gain an understanding in BCS/ISTQB Software Testing
Who should attend this course?
- Software Testers
- Project Managers
- Quality Managers
- Business Analysts
- IT Directors
- Management Consultants
- Anybody interested in the field of software testing
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on testing throughout the softwares life cycle
- Have knowledge on why is it necessary to test softwares
- Gain the skills to test softwares with the seven testing principles
- Gain the skills to use a variety of test tool to test softwares
This 3 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand Software Testing
- The last day will cover the essential materials needed to take the BCS/ISTQB Software Testing Foundation exam
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to BCS/ISTQB Software Testing Foundation
- Features of BCS/ISTQB
- Features of Software Testing
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of BCS/ISTQB Software Testing
- Definitions of BCS/ISTQB Software Testing
- Fundamentals of Testing
- Why is Testing Necessary?
- The Psychology of Testing
- The Amount of Testing
- What is Testing?
- Static Testing
- Dynamic Testing
- The 7 Testing Principles
- The Fundamental Test Process
- Code of Ethics in Testing
- Static Test Techniques
- Technical Reviews
- Static Analysis
- Testing Throughout the Life Cycle
- Software Development Models
- Test Levels
- Component Testing
- Component Integration Testing
- System Testing
- System Integration Testing
- Functional Testing
- Maintenance Testing
- Test Management
- Test Organisation
- Dynamic Test Techniques
- The Test Development Process
- Test tools
- Types of Test Tools
- Use of Tools
- Tool Selection
BCS/ISTQB Software Testing Foundation Exam consists of:
- Knowledge in Software Testing
- Multiple choice examination
- Software testing methodology
- 40 questions
- Closed book
- 1 hour
- Pass mark – 65%
- Software Testing Course Manual
- Software Testing Certificates
- Experienced Software Testing instructors
- Pre-course Software Testing material provided before attendance
- Software testing exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course