PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner - PRINCE2 Training Reading
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
Yes the course is accredited by the BCS (British Computer Society)
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made you will be given on the course, your own courseware folder, the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 manual (which is yours to keep), refreshments, both official examinations dependant on chosen course, pre-course work supplied via email and official certificate(s)
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are happy to say that your Foundation & Practitioner examinations are included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Can I take the course with no experience of Project Management?
Yes. The PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course is open to those with no previous experience and wishing to gain the PRINCE2 certification or for those who have been involved in a Project Management environment but have yet to gain the full accreditation
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Read at least 3 chapters from ‘Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2® (2009 Edition)' manual, Completed a 6 hour pre-course workbook, Completed and pass the PRINCE2 knowledge 70 multiple choice questions test.
Can I take the Practitioner exam first?
To take the Practitioner exam you must first gain a Pass at the Foundation level. Proof of this will be required if seeking to take the Practitioner exam only
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your PRINCE2® course
PRINCE2® Foundation & Practitioner 5 day course covers the following topics:
What is PRINCE2?
This intensive 5 day PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner Training course will enable delegates to gain skills in how to manage projects in a controlled environment. PRINCE2 (PRojects IN a Controlled Environment, version 2) is the most popular project management methodology that is used at the highest level to become a successful Project Manager.
This course will include the knowledge and skills to enable individuals to enhance and make the most of managing and controlling large projects in a PRINCE2® training environment.
In order to attend this course, delegates must have:
- Read at least 3 chapters from ‘Managing Successful Projects using PRINCE2® (2009 Edition)' manual,
- Completed a 6 hour pre-course workbook,
- Completed and pass the PRINCE2 knowledge 70 multiple choice questions test.
Who should attend this course?
- Project Managers
- Project Directors
- Project Executives
- Any-Sized Organisations
- Anyone who want to gain the skills and knowledge on PRINCE2®
After completing this course, delegate will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on the seven principles of PRINCE2®
- Have knowledge on the seven themes involved with PRINCE2®
- Gain the skills to direct a Project with PRINCE2®
- Have the skills to apply the PRINCE2® processes to Project Environment tasks
This 5 days course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first 3 days will cover the essential materials needed to undergo the Foundation exam.
- The remaining 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to take the Practitioner exam.
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner
- Features of PRINCE2®
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of PRINCE2®
- The History of PRINCE2®
- Principles of PRINCE2®
- Benefits of PRINCE2®
- Scope of PRINCE2®
- Content of PRINCE2®
- Processes of PRINCE2®
- Applications of PRINCE2®
- Product-Based Planning Approach
- PROMPT II (Project Resource Organisation Management Planning Techniques)
- Projects In a Controlled Environment, version 2
- Continued Business Justification
- Learn from Experience
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage by Stages
- Manage by Exception
- Focus on Products
- Adjusting to the Project Environment
- Business Case Theme
- Organisation Theme
- Quality Theme
- Plans Theme
- Risk Theme
- Change Theme
- Progress Theme
- Starting up a Project (SU)
- Initiating a Project (IP)
- Directing a Project (DP
- Controlling a Stage (CS)
- Managing Stage Boundaries (SB)
- Managing Product Delivery (MP)
- Closing a Project (CP)
- Exam Approaches
PRINCE2® Foundation exam consists of:
- Knowledge of PRINCE2
- Multiple choice examination
- Use the PRINCE2® methodology
- 75 questions
- 1 hour
- Pass mark - 50%
PRINCE2® Practitioner exam consists of:
- Pass the PRINCE2® Foundation examination
- Apply PRINCE2® non-complex projects to a variety of environments
- Objective testing
- 8 scenarios
- Multiple choice examination
- 80 questions
- 2½ hours
- Pass mark - 55%
- PRINCE2® Course Manual
- PRINCE2® Certificates
- Experienced PRINCE2®instructors
- Pre-course PRINCE2® material provided before attendance
- PRINCE2® exams
- Official BCS certificate
- “I found at first the course to be a little out of my depth but the more I progressed the more I became more confident. I was happy that my experience and other delegates were of a different level so I had more than just the instructor to call upon if I got stuck. No doubt my next course will be booked very soon. Worth the money spent.”By Lauren Downes (Rating: 4.5 out of 5, 08/05/2012)) from Stoke on Trent
- “Was not too sure that I could accommodate taking a 5 day course & 2 exams in a week. Our instructor was very knowledgeable as he explained how certain aspects related to his own experience. Whatever question I asked, he always had the time to answer in detail. Think the word experienced comes to mind when I think of the instructor who delivered our course. Thank you.”By Mark Wade (Rating: 5 out of 5, 21/09/2012)) from Acton
- “The course materials for my Foundation & Practitioner course was of a very high standard. Was thankful that I received the pre-course work in advance of the course via email as I'm sure if it wasn't for this I wouldn't have passed my exams”By Lynn Hawkes (Rating: 4 out of 5, 16/07/2012)) from Melksham
- “Thank you for your time and effort as I have just heard that I successfully passed my Practitioner exam. The instructor's attention to detail definitely made a big difference”By Phil Watson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 08/08/2012) from Birkenhead
- “Must say that the learning experience was one that I could not falter. The level of detail in how the course was presented was second to none”By Will Holden (Rating: 5 out of 5, 06/09/2012) from Chingford
We do not currently have a video for this course