PRINCE2 Training - PRINCE2 Courses - Project Management
Is the course accredited?
Yes the course is accredited by BCS (British Computer Society)
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After you have completed the payment with PRINCE2 Training will be provided with your own folder with the courseware, the official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 manual (which is yours to keep), refreshments, both official examinations dependent on chosen course, pre-course work supplied via email and the official certificate(s)
How much are the exams?
The Foundation & Practitioner examinations are included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Can I take the course with no experience of Project Management?
Yes. The PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner course is open to those with no previous experience and wishing to gain the PRINCE2 certification or for those who have been involved in a Project Management environment but have yet to gain the full accreditation
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Yes. As a pre-requisite, we provide pre-course work via email that we strongly advise you work through prior to attending. We will supply the first 3 chapters of the official manual that we'd like for you read and complete a few short exercises that need to be handed to the instructor upon arrival on the course
Can I take the Practitioner exam first?
To take the Practitioner exam you must first gain a Pass at the Foundation level. Proof of this will be required if seeking to take the Practitioner exam only
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your PRINCE2® course
PRINCE2® Training day course covers the following topics:
What is PRINCE2?
PRINCE2 or Projects in Controlled environments is a professional project management methodology which is intended for anyone who wishes to lead high profile projects in any working environment. The courses are delivered in over 100 locations nationwide by PRINCE2 Training so that you can achieve any of the qualifications in a location near you.
PRINCE2 started off as PROMPT II (Project Resource Organisation Management and Planning Techniques) in 1975, it was used to help reduce costs and deliver projects on time as there was no method at the time that was effective enough for every business to use. In 1989 the UK government had adopted PROMT II and had then renamed it to "PROMPT II IN the CCTA Environment until the acronym was changed again to PRojects IN Controlled Environments. PRINCE2 grew extremely popular in 1996 as government officials and even small businesses began to apply this method all around the world.
This is a very popular project management course that is well sought after as 85% of companies would hire candidates with a PRINCE2 qualification meaning that you could almost get any job around the world as it is globally recognised. This very simple method can be applied in all sectors giving you a calm and relaxed method to tackle all your business issues to deliver a project efficiently. Holding a PRINCE2 qualification means that you will have no trouble in delivering projects as it teaches you how to control risk and deliver quality and innovative ideas without the project going to disaster.
There are many types of PRINCE2 courses you can undertake like PRINCE2 practitioner and PRINCE2 foundation. The course is split into seven different stages and each stage is managed separately.
The first stage is Starting up the project by forming a project panel, appointing someone as a project manager by designing a project team and assess any potential risks at the start. The second stage would involve directing the project by authorising, creating plans and monitoring the progress. Thirdly you will control stages effectively, authorise work to be done by assessing, capturing the issues that are constantly arriving and escalate anything if necessary.
What will I learn?
Throughout the qualification, you will be able to learn:
- Business case themes.
- The principles of PRINCE2.
- How to start up a project process.
- How to manage a product delivery process.
- How to tailor the PRINCE2® methodologies to project management.
And many other skills.
Why should I learn this course with PRINCE2 Training?
All of our PRINCE2® Courses are accredited by BCS so when you pass the certification, you will achieve a globally acknowledged qualification recognised by professional companies worldwide. PRINCE2 training are also trusted by leading brands across the globe so you know that you are in safe hands. Our training methods are practical by using the best practices used by industry experts. Our state of the art venues are equipped with the latest technology so that you can pass the exam with ease.
If you take the PRINCE2® Project Management course with us, we will:
- Support you with globally recognised learning materials.
- Provide pre-course material so that you understand the course before you take it.
- Provide you with a highly experienced instructor who will help you throughout the course.
- Give you a certificate to enhance your CV.
- Provide you with refreshments during the course.
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner Training
The PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner training certification is an advanced 5 day project management course where you will be shown the techniques and skills required to complete a high profile project with success. Both foundation & practitioner examinations are also included with the qualification.
Our training courses are process-based techniques when it comes to managing a project. We provide you with the chance to take the PRINCE2® Foundation and Practitioner course which enables you to enhance your skills to become a successful project manager. The foundation & practitioner certification is intended to develop and make the most of your potential in all training environments. The 5 day training certification supports you with the awareness and understanding to successfully lead a high profile project.
During the first 3 days of the foundation and practitioner course, you will be studying the foundation elements of the qualification. During the third day, you will have to take the PRINCE2® Foundation exam. Once you have completed the foundation exam, you will be able to focus on the practitioner elements of the course, and we will provide you with a full day practitioner Workshop. During the workshop, our professional trainer will teach you a wide range of information on how to manage high profile projects in any working environment. On the final day of the course, you will then take the more advanced practitioner examination in order to pass the PRINCE2® Qualification and gain the fully accredited certification.
Our highly skilled trainers have a vast amount of knowledge in the Project Management industry and will be able to give you support, understanding and awareness of the skills and techniques. Our professional instructors all have at least 10 years of knowledge with PRINCE2® Project Management which will aid you in completing the certification.
We will also send out Pre-Course work to you via email and PDF Files. The work includes:
- A Pre-course courseware book that needs to be finished and given to the trainer at the start of the course.
- You will also be given 3 chapters of the official manual: ‘Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2’, which you have to read before the training begins.
- A group of 70 multiple choice questions will also be given to you to test your awareness in the PRINCE2 methodologies.
Our highly knowledge trainers suggest that you spend around 10-15 hours to complete the pre-course work before the beginning of the course.
Following your booking and confirmation of the course, Joining Instructions that describe the course location, address, and other administrative details will also be emailed.
A MINIMUM of 2 hours homework will be set each evening of the course by the instructor, this must be completed without fail.
The foundation certification is intended to support you to understand the fundamental skills required to work with or be part of any project that uses the techniques.
Throughout the foundation training programme, you will be taught:
- Business case themes.
- Starting up a project process.
- Progress themes.
- Organisation themes.
- Fundamentals of PRINCE2®.
And many other topics.
PRINCE2® Foundation exam
The exam consists of a 75 multiple choice test, having a score of 35/70 or over means that you have passed the exam. Once you have passed the exam, this would show that you have the ability to act as a professional team member in any working environment. The PRINCE2® Foundation course provides the delegate with the fundamental techniques required to manage important projects, using the techniques. Please note that you have to pass the PRINCE2® Exam before taking the practitioner course.
The practitioner course is the most advanced certification. You will have to complete the foundation exam to take the practitioner course. The qualification lasts for 2 days and will help you to apply the PRINCE2® methodologies to any given situation within a project.
PRINCE2® Practitioner examination
The PRINCE2® practitioner exam consists of 80 objective test questions with a pass score of 44 out of 80 (55%). Once the test has been completed, this will indicate that you have the knowledge to apply the methods to any type of project within any working environment supporting the advanced techniques.
This PRINCE2® course is offered by The Knowledge Academy
All of our professional PRINCE2 training courses include the following:-
- PRINCE2 Training courseware
- Hardcopy official Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 course 2009 manual
- In depth pre-course material provided before attendance
- PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner exams
- Official BCS certificate
- Instructors with unrivalled level of experience
- “Your attitude to my requirement was so professional. Happy to know that you put the customer first. I've already booked my Practitioner so cannot wait until I attend”By Paulette Wilson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 24/09/2012) from Liverpool
- “Thank you. Just had my results and wasn't expecting such a high score. Credit to the instructor and her delivery style. Made us feel confident in what we were learning.”By Stanley Gosworth (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 11/09/2012) from Grimsby
- “Your pre-reading material was a saviour. Was very happy to complete it and gain a pass at the Foundation level. Long day but it was well worth the money spent.”By Claire Lainston (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 02/10/2012) from Bromley
- “Did the job, no complaints. Now seekng to book my Practitioner I'll be back very soon.”By Linda Gregory (Rating: 5 out of 5, 23/09/2012) from Thornby
- “Great course, great idea to have the course delivered at a weekend so I don't have to take too much time off work. thanks”By Gary Binkes (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 12/08/2012) from Hounslow
- “Was glad to see that the instructor who delivered the Foundation was also the same instructor to deliver the Practitioner. The days in between both parts was made up of plenty of revising but the instructor was always on hand if ever needed”By Stephen Jenkins (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 30/05/2012) from Crawley
- “Big thank you to the member of staff who did everything they could to get the pre-reading across to me as I had some sort of computer failure. That effort I believe helped me in preparing for what was an intense course. I'm sure if anyone is looking to attend a PRINCE2 course I'd be happy to recommend”By Troy Moxley (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 20/09/2012) from Hemel Hempstead
- “Great course materials, tutorial skills and venue. The interactive between the instructor and all the delegates was first class. Never left anyone out so I'm sure we all go out of the course what was expected and more.”By Tej Basran (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 07/08/2012) from Newcastle
- “The course fee was very competitive compared to some providers who also offered a Weekend course. It was great that the low fee was also met with a great course delivery and materials”By Les Wilcox (Rating: 5 out of 5, 8/07/2012) from Swindon
- “What a good idea to spread the course over 2 successive weekends. Did not have the time available from work to take off. The course is intensive but the hard work has paid off.”By Lyndon Hampshire (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 03/10/2012) from Ilford
- “Decided to take my exam with you as was promised so much from another company. Glad I made the decision and your instructor on Thursday was first class. Have to let me friends know now”By Lisa Forysth (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 07/08/2012) from Aberdeen
- “Passed my exam and what more can I say. Without your organised approach I would've been unsuccessful”By Terry Gibbs (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 10/07/2012) from Hoylake
- “All I needed was to take my exam and thought I didn't need to prepare. The team ensured I did my pre-course work as my first course was done on the older version of PRINCE2. Managed to revise on the newer topics and pleased to say, I passed. Could've been a terrible end to the story but turned out so different.”By Lewis Hyde (Rating: 5 out of 5, 20/09/2012) from Brighton
- “I didn't originally take the Practitioner exam with this company but they were very willing to assist me in helping me sustain my Practitioner status. Thank you for your time and effort, especially the young girl on the customer services team.”By Karl Jones (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 04/06/2012) from Salisbury
- “Was it really 5 years ago I became a PRINCE2 Practitioner. All through the booking process and the amount of work involved it made it seem like yesterday when I fisrt applied. Atleast I can continue to say I'm a PRINCE2 Practitioner. Luckily the exam was shorter this time”By Omar Thomas (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 20/09/2012) from Cambridge
- “Professional company with the customers requirement being a number one priority. The level of in-depth materials provided were enough to help me pass my Practitioner exam on the first attempt. Hats off to you”By James Hitchin (Rating: 5 out of 5, 04/10/2012) from Sutton
- “I was desperate to take my Practitioner exam and at short notice I was able to book although I had to travel slightly further afield to take the course. Would definitely come back for my next course”By Len Baxter (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 26/09/2012) from Stratford
- “The practice tests in an exam scenario really worked well. Just like to say that I'm now working in a new role and looking to spread the word on how good the course was and what it can lead to”By Cheryl Kiely (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 15/08/2012) from Bolton
- “Did not realise there would be so many exam examples to work through on my first day. Thankfully I was able to stay slightly later to get myself prepared for the exam. Got through it though. Preparation is key I must say.”By June Dickson (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 21/09/2012) from Bristol
- “Booked to take the Practitioner course knowing that it had been some time since I took my Foundation. Appreciated the email containing some pre-course work beforehand to familiarise myself again with the topics. I'm happy that I can now apply for jobs as a PRINCE2 Practitioner”By Amy Weir (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 26/07/2012) from London
- “Thank you for your patience and guidance as I know I was slightly scared that I wouldn't be able to finish the pre-reading. The instructor was great making sure I fully understood each section. Was great to know that before I attended you could answer all my questions. Great customer service”By Barbara Jackson (Rating: 4.9 out of 5, 25/08/2012) from Henley on Thames
- “Was never in doubt about you not being able to deliver what you said you would once I finished my 1st day on the course. You promised an in depth learning experience and that's what you provided with me ending up with a PRINCE2 Foundation qualification. So pleased”By Iain Wilkinson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 12/06/2012) from Leicester
- “Almost forgot what it was like to be back in a classroom environment. I was worried about the level of work required but glad to say that it all paid off. Was such a smooth process from start to finish”By Allan Jenkins (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 17/06/2012) from Aylesbury
- “Your pre-course work especially the test was amazing. Could not believe how well thought out it was. I'm awaiting to attend my Practitioner so hopefully the pre-course work again will be very detailed.”By Harry Clarke (Rating: 4.7 out of 5, 24/07/2012) from Bow
- “It was great that I had my results at the end of the course, was not expecting that. Thoroughly impressed with your organised approach to helping me attend. Next stop, looking to book my Practitioner.”By Katy Percival (Rating: 4.8 out of 5, 08/05/2012)) from Reading
- “I found at first the course to be a little out of my depth but the more I progressed the more I became more confident. I was happy that my experience and other delegates were of a different level so I had more than just the instructor to call upon if I got stuck. No doubt my next course will be booked very soon. Worth the money spent.”By Lauren Downes (Rating: 4.5 out of 5, 08/05/2012)) from Stoke on Trent
- “Was not too sure that I could accommodate taking a 5 day course & 2 exams in a week. Our instructor was very knowledgeable as he explained how certain aspects related to his own experience. Whatever question I asked, he always had the time to answer in detail. Think the word experienced comes to mind when I think of the instructor who delivered our course. Thank you.”By Mark Wade (Rating: 5 out of 5, 21/09/2012)) from Acton
- “The course materials for my Foundation & Practitioner course was of a very high standard. Was thankful that I received the pre-course work in advance of the course via email as I'm sure if it wasn't for this I wouldn't have passed my exams”By Lynn Hawkes (Rating: 4 out of 5, 16/07/2012)) from Melksham
- “Thank you for your time and effort as I have just heard that I successfully passed my Practitioner exam. The instructor's attention to detail definitely made a big difference”By Phil Watson (Rating: 5 out of 5, 08/08/2012) from Birkenhead
- “Must say that the learning experience was one that I could not falter. The level of detail in how the course was presented was second to none”By Will Holden (Rating: 5 out of 5, 06/09/2012) from Chingford