P3O Practitioner - P3O Certification
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
We are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by the APMG (Association of Project Managers Group).
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made PRINCE2 Training will supply, your own courseware folder, refreshments, Practitioner Upgrade examination, pre-course work supplied via email and official certificate(s). You should, however, have a copy of the Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices manual which you will need to bring with you to the course.
Do I need to study before attending the course?
In order to pass the Practitioner Upgrade exam we we strongly advise that you thoroughly go through the pre-course work that we will email you in advance of the course. In additional please familiarise yourself with Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices manual which you will need to bring with you to take the exam
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
2 days but The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. However, the Practitioner exam will start promptly at 09:30 on Day Two
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are happy to say that your Practitioner Upgrade examination is included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee and subject to availability
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your P3O® course
P3O® Practitioner Upgrade 2 day course covers the following topics:
In this training, delegates will learn about how to implement, develop and manage a support structure for the delivery of change through organisations and offices. Delegates can do all this with ease through P3O.
Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O) is a business framework designed to implement and support a structure for change delivery within an organisation. It has been made by Axelos and is designed to link with other frameworks by Axelos such as PRINCE2, M_o_R and MSP easily. It aligns areas of interest with the same objectives, ensuring senior management personnel can make informed decisions and comprehend how different business components can fit in with business strategies.
- Prior to attending this course, candidates must have passed the P3O Foundation exam. As soon as the course is confirmed, candidates are sent pre-course reading, as well as the project, portfolio and programme manual to understand before the course begins. The pre-course work should take around fifteen hours.
Who Should Attend
- This course is for anyone working in an environment which requires P3O, or anyone who works within project, programme or portfolio management.
- Delegates must have completed the Foundation course before attending.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on Portfolios, Projects & Programmes
- Have knowledge on Portfolios, Projects & Programmes relationships
- Gain the skills to identify barriers and overcome them
- Gain the skills to implement P3O into the organisation
This 2 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first day will cover the essential materials needed to understand Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O)
- The remaining day will cover the essential materials needed to take the P3O® Practitioner Upgrade exam
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to P3O® Practitioner Upgrade
- Features of Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O)
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of P3O®
- Definitions of P3O®
- The Relationships between Portfolios, Projects & Programmes
- How P3O Can Benefit an Organisation
- Capability of P3O
- Models of P3O
- Barriers & How to Overcome Them
- Business Cases
- Prioritisation, Dashboards & Management
- Editing Models
- Information Flows & Blueprints
- Implementing & Refreshing P3O
- Methods & Equipment
- Roles & Responsibilities
- Getting the Right Staff
- Summaries of P3MS
- Services & Functions
P3O® Practitioner Upgrade Exam consists of:
- Knowledge in Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O) is
- Objective testing examination
- P3O® methodology
- 4 questions, worth 20 marks each - 80 marks in total
- 150 minutes allocated time
- Open book
- 1 hour
- Pass mark is 50% (at least 40 out of 80 required to pass)
- P3O® Course Manual
- P3O® Certificates
- Experienced P3O® instructors
- Pre-course P3O® material provided before attendance
- P3O® exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course