P3O Courses - P3O Training Courses
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
Yes. We are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by the APMG (Association of Project Managers Group).
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made PRINCE2 Training will supply, your own courseware folder, the official Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices (which is yours to keep), refreshments, both official examinations dependant on chosen course, pre-course work supplied via email and official certificate(s)
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are happy to say that your Foundation & Practitioner examinations are included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Yes. As a pre-requisite, we provide pre-course work via email that we strongly advise you work through prior to attending. We will supply 3 study sessions that we'd like for you to read and complete that need to be handed to the instructor upon arrival on the course
Can I take the Practitioner exam first?
To take the Practitioner exam you must first gain a Pass at the Foundation level. Proof of this will be required if seeking to take the Practitioner exam only
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your P3O® course
P3O® Foundation 3 day course covers the following topics:
Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O) is a business framework designed for the implementation and support of structures which deliver change within an organisation. It has been made by Axelos and is designed to link with other Axelos frameworks such as PRINCE2, MSP and M_o_R with ease. It aligns areas of interest with the same objectives, ensuring senior management can make informed decisions and comprehend how different business components can fit in with business strategies.
- There are no qualifications or experience required prior to attending this course. When the course is confirmed, candidates are sent pre-course reading, as well as the project, portfolio and programme book to read through and comprehend before the course begins. There is also pre-course work to be completed which takes up about fifteen hours of study.
Who Should Attend
- This course is for anyone working in an environment which requires P3O, or anyone who works in project, programme or portfolio management.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O)
- Have knowledge on benefits of P3O for organisations
- Gain the skills to implement P3O
- Gain the skills to edit models with P3O
This 3 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O)
- The remaining day will cover the essential materials needed to take the P3O® Foundation exam
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to P3O® Foundation
- Features of Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O)
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of P3O®
- Definitions of P3O®
- Why P3O?
- P3O Models
- The Relationships between Portfolios, Projects and Programmes
- Methods and Equipment
- Information Flows
- Information Blueprints
- Summaries of P3MS
- Responsibilities and Roles
- Getting the Right Staff
- Business Case
- P3O Prioritisation
- P3O Dashboards
- P3O Management
- Models Editing
- Overcoming Barriers
- Refreshing P3O
- Implementing P3O
- Services and Functions
- P3O Benefits for Organisations
- Capability of P3O
P3O® Foundation Exam consists of:
- Knowledge in Project, Programme & Portfolio Office (P3O)
- Multiple choice examination
- P3O methodology
- 75 questions
- 5 questions are trial and are not counted towards the final mark (35 required out of a possible 70)
- Closed book
- 1 hour
- Pass mark is 50%
- P3O® Course Manual
- P3O® Certificates
- Experienced P3O® instructors
- Pre-course P3O® material provided before attendance
- P3O® exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course