NEBOSH Training - Health and Safety Courses
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am
What are the pre-requisites?
There are no prior prerequisites this take this course, but the desire to gain the qualification on for health and safety at work
What exam do I need to take?
Unit HSW1 is assessed by a one-hour multiple choice exam. Unit HSW2 is assessed by a short workplace-based risk assessment activity.
What does The Knowledge Academy provide me on the course?
Tuition Experienced Instructor Refreshments NEBOSH Certificate
Are there any additional costs?
There are no additional costs. The course fee includes all exam fees.
What are the benefits of attending this course?
This course focuses on why health and safety is important, and how individuals can make a real difference to the well-being of themselves and others through changing their behaviour.
What follow on courses do you recommend?
We recommend that you study the NEBOSH National General Certificate.
NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work 3 day course covers the following topics:
NEBOSH (National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) (NEBOSH) is the qualification on health and safety in the environmental practice as well as the management skills involved. This 3 day BCS accredited course will cover the essentials needed for health and safety at work.
This programme will provide delegates the knowledge and skills on how to work with fire, electricity and hazardous substances safety and prevent accidents.
Candidates can take their knowledge and skills further by proceeding in more intermediate level certifications.
- There are no prior prerequisites this take this course, but the desire to gain the qualification on for health and safety at work
Who should attend this course?
- Leaders and Supervisors
- HR professionals
- Anybody interested in Institution of National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- Those who want to gain qualifications in NEBOSH
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on health and safety in the working environment
- Have knowledge on hazards related with work equipment
- Gain the skills to work with fire safely
- Gain the skills to work with hazardous substances safely
This 3 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH)
- The last day will cover the essential materials needed to take the NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work exam
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work
- Features of National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health) (NEBOSH)
- Features of Health and Safety at Work
- Terminology of NEBOSH
- Definitions of NEBOSH
- Key Concepts
- Principles of Fire
- Principles of Explosion
- Causes of Fires
- Prevention of Fires
- Work Equipment Hazards
- Work Equipment Controls
- Hazards and Controls
- Work Equipment
- Transport Safety
- Working with Electricity
- Electricity Hazards
- Electricity Control
- Fire Safety
- Fire Safety Hazards
- Fire Safety Control
- Manual Handling
- Repetitive Movement
- Hazardous Substances
- The Working Environment
NEBOSH Award in Health and Safety at Work exam consists of:
- Knowledge in NEBOSH
- Multiple choice examination
- Practical workplace risk assessment (1 hour)
- NEBOSH methodology
- 10 questions
- Closed book
- 1 hour 40 minutes
- Pass mark – 50%
- NEBOSH Course Manual
- NEBOSH Certificates
- Experienced NEBOSH instructors
- Pre-course NEBOSH material provided before attendance
- NEBOSH exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course