MSP Foundation - MSP Certification
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
We are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by the APMG (Association of Project Managers Group).
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made PRINCE2 Training will supply, your own courseware folder, the official Managing Successful Programmes manual (which is yours to keep), refreshments, both official examinations dependant on chosen course, pre-course work supplied via email and official certificate(s)
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are happy to say that your Foundation examination is included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Yes. As a pre-requisite, we provide pre-course work via email that we strongly advise you work through prior to attending. We will supply the first 3 chapters of the official manual that we'd like for you read and complete a few short exercises that need to be handed to the instructor upon arrival on the course
Can I take the Practitioner exam first?
To take the Practitioner exam you must first gain a Pass at the Foundation level. Proof of this will be required if seeking to take the Practitioner exam only
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your MSP® course
MSP® Foundation 3 day course covers the following topics:
Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®) is a combination of principles and processes methodology that is used to help manage programmes within the organisation. This BCS accredited intensive 3 day programme will cover a variety of topics related to the businesses delivering objectives and goals.
After completing this course, delegate will gain the skills to manage programmes successfully to achieve the 'end goal' by identifying, managing and overcoming risks. Candidates can develop their knowledge further by partaking in the further courses we provide.
- There are no prior prerequisites to attend this course but the desire to gain knowledge and skills in Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
- Candidates will need to complete a minimum of 15 hours of personal study prior to the course
Pre-Course Reading Material
- “Introduction, Principles, Introduction to Themes from the “Managing Successful Programmes” (2007 Edition)
Who should attend this course?
- This course is aimed towards Business Professionals who wish to gain basic knowledge on how to gain the qualifications into Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on the processes in MSP
- Have knowledge on how the Programme will affect the Business
- Gain the skills to identify, manage and overcome risks
- Have the skills to manage programmes successfully to achieve successful results
This 3 days course will be divided into a two-part structure.
- In the first 1 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand
- The last day will cover the essential materials needed to take the
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening.
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to MSP® Foundation
- Features of Managing Successful Programmes (MSP®)
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of MSP®
- Definitions of MSP®
- The Principles in MSP
- Responsibilities of Communication
- Lines of Communication
- Plan the Work
- Benefits of the Programme
- Interested Parties
- The Stakeholders
- Issues and Risks
- Ensure Quality
- Track Data Information
- Continually Changing Environment
- Audit a Programme
- The Processes in MSP
- Benefits of the Organisation
- Create a Programme
- How the Programme will affect the Business
- Establish the Programme
- Monitor the Projects
- Co-ordinate the Projects
- The Transition Between the 'old' and 'new' Ways of Working
- Close the Programme
- Achieve the 'End Goal'
MSP® Foundation exam consists of:
- Knowledge of MSP®
- Multiple choice
- MSP® methodology
- 75 questions
- 1 hour
- Pass mark – 50%
- MSP Course Manual
- MSP Certificates
- Experienced instructors
- Pre-course MSP material provided before attendance
- MSP exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course