Management of Portfolios Training - MoP Training
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
Yes. We are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by the APMG (Association of Project Managers Group).
Do I have to buy my own course materials
After payment has been made PRINCE2 Training will supply, your own courseware folder, the official Management of Portfolio manual, (which is yours to keep), refreshments, both official examinations dependant on chosen course, pre-course work supplied via email and official certificate(s)
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are happy to say that your Foundation & Practitioner examinations are included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Yes. As a pre-requisite, we provide pre-course work via email that we strongly advise you work through prior to attending. We will supply the official manual that we'd like for you read and complete a few short exercises that need to be handed to the instructor upon arrival on the course
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your MoP® course
Management of Portfolios (MoP®) Foundation 3 day course covers the following topics:
During this course, candidates will learn about Management of Portfolios (MoP), and about the implementation of a number of strategic processes which enables businesses and organisations to change and optimise their practices, structure and general culture.
MoP is a best practice guidance which has been issued by The Cabinet Office and enables businesses to launch and spread best practices as well as produce efficient structural frameworks. Delegates will be provided with the keys for success and be given the flexibility to ensure smooth deployment of MoP to their organisation.
- There are no qualifications or experience required prior to attending this course. As soon as the course is confirmed, candidates are sent pre-course work.
- This course work will contain around fifteen hours of study and reading to be completed before the course begins.
Who Should Attend
- This course is for managers, directors and other senior staff who are involved in implementing strategies or changes throughout organisations
- Other personnel who may benefit include HR employees, procurement and finance staff, IT personnel, business case writers and performance managers.
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on
- Have knowledge on the Portfolio Delivery Cycle
- Gain the skills to manage benefits in the orgainsation
- Gain the skills to ensure the business runs usual during implementation
This 3 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand
- The remaining day will cover the essential materials needed to take the
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to MoP Foundation
- Features of MOP
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of MOP
- Definitions of MOP
- MoP Fundamentals
- MOP Nature
- Strategies Contents
- Organisational Contexts
- Five Principles of Portfolio Management
- Portfolio Management
- Documentation Management
- Results from MoP
- The Portfolio Definition Cycle;
- The Portfolio Delivery Cycle;
- Management & Control
- Managing Benefits
- Organisational Governance
- Managing Resources
- Managing Finances
- Managing Risk
- Engaging Stakeholders
MoP™ Foundation exam consists of:
- Knowledge in MoP
- Multiple choice examination
- MoP methodology
- 50 questions
- Closed book
- 40 minutes
- Pass mark – 50%
- MOP Course Manual
- Experienced MOPnstructors
- Pre-course MOPmaterial provided before attendance
- MOP exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course