Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (m20410) Training
What time shall I arrive at the venue?
Please arrive at the venue for 08:45am.
Who is this course for?
This Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 course is highly targeted towards those who uses Windows Server and want to enhance their knowledge on Windows Server 2012.
What are the pre-requisites?
This Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 course is open to everyone and is essential to have prior experience and knowledge working with Windows Server.
What is the duration of this training course?
This course is 5 days
Do you offer support for the training course?
We are able to provide support via phone and email prior to attending, during and after the course.
How long until I receive the course confirmation details?
Once your booking has been placed and confirmed, you will receive an email which contains your course overview, pre-course reading material (if required), course agenda and payment receipts.
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (M20410) 5 day course covers the following topics:
Installing and Configuring Windows Server 2012 (m20410)
Get hands-on instruction and practice installing and configuring Windows Server 2012, including Windows Server 2012 R2, in this five-day Microsoft Official Course. This course is part one in a series of three courses that provides the skills and knowledge necessary to implement a core Windows Server 2012 infrastructure in an existing enterprise environment.
- An understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience working with, and configuring, Windows client operating systems, such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.
Who should Attend?
his course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge and experience working with Windows operating systems and who want to acquire the skills and knowledge necessary to install and perform the initial configuration of a Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2 server in an existing Windows server environment.
Install and configure Windows Server 2012.
Describe AD DS.
Manage Active Directory objects.
Automate Active Directory administration.
Implement Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
Implement Domain Name System (DNS).
Implement local storage.
Implement file and print services.
Implement Group Policy.
Secure Windows servers by using Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
Implement server virtualization by using Hyper-V.
Module 1: Deploying and Managing Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 Overview
- Installing Windows Server 2012
- Post-Installation Configuration of Windows Server 2012
- Overview of Windows Server 2012 Management
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell
- Describe Windows Server 2012.
- Install Windows Server 2012.
- Perform post‑installation configuration of Windows Server 2012.
- Describe the management tools available in Windows Server 2012.
- Perform basic administrative tasks using Windows PowerShell.
- Overview of AD DS
- Overview of Domain Controllers
- Installing a Domain Controller
- Describe the structure of AD DS.
- Describe the purpose of domain controllers.
- Install a domain controller.
- Managing User Accounts
- Managing Groups
- Managing Computer Accounts
- Delegating Administration
- Manage user accounts with graphical tools.
- Manage group accounts with graphical tools.
- Manage computer accounts.
- Delegate permissions to perform AD DS administration.
- Using Command-line Tools for AD DS Administration
- Using Windows PowerShell for AD DS Administration
- Performing Bulk Operations with Windows PowerShell
- Use command‑line tools for AD DS administration.
- Use Windows PowerShell cmdlets for AD DS administration.
- Perform bulk operations by using Windows PowerShell.
- Overview of TCP/IP
- Understanding IPv4 Addressing
- Subnetting and Supernetting
- Configuring and Troubleshooting IPv4
- Describe the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Describe IPv4 addressing.
- Determine a subnet mask necessary for supernetting or subnetting.
- Configure IPv4 and troubleshoot IPv4 communication.
- Overview of the DHCP Server Role
- Configuring DHCP Scopes
- Managing a DHCP Database
- Securing and Monitoring DHCP
- Explain the DHCP server role.
- Configure DHCP scopes.
- Manage a DHCP database.
- Secure and monitor the DHCP server role.
- Name Resolution for Windows Clients and Servers
- Installing a DNS Server
- Managing DNS Zones
- Describe name resolution for Windows operating system clients and Windows Server servers.
- Install and manage a DNS Server.
- Manage DNS zones.
- Overview of IPv6
- IPv6 Addressing
- Coexistence with IPv4
- IPv6 Transition Technologies
- Describe the features and benefits of IPv6.
- Describe IPv6 addressing.
- Describe IPv6 coexistence with IPv4.
- Describe IPv6 transition technologies.
- Overview of Storage
- Managing Disks and Volumes
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Describe various storage technologies.
- Explain how to manage disks and volumes.
- Explain how to implement Storage Spaces.
- Securing Files and Folders
- Protecting Shared Files and Folders by Using Shadow Copies
- Configuring Work Folders
- Configuring Network Printing
- Secure shared files and folders.
- Protect shared files and folders by using shadow copies.
- Configure the Work Folders role service.
- Configure network printing.
- Overview of Group Policy
- Group Policy Processing
- Implementing a Central Store for Administrative Templates
- Create and manage Group Policy Objects (GPOs).
- Describe Group Policy processing.
- Implement a Central Store for Administrative Templates.
- Security Overview for Windows Operating Systems
- Configuring Security Settings
- Restricting Software
- Configuring Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Describe WindowsServer operating system security.
- Configure security settings by using Group Policy.
- Increase security for server resources.
- Restrict unauthorized software from running on servers and clients.
- Configure Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Overview of Virtualization Technologies
- Implementing Hyper-V
- Managing Virtual Machine Storage
- Managing Virtual Networks
- Describe virtualization technologies.
- Implement Hyper‑V.
- Manage virtual machine storage.
- Manage virtual networks.
- Courseware Book
- Exam preperation
- Experienced Instructor
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course