IOSH Working Safely Course - IOSH Courses
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your IOSH® course
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
Yes, we are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by IOSH (The Institution of Occupational Safety and Health)
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made you will be provided with your own courseware folder, refreshments, official examination and official certificate
How much are the exams?
We are happy to say that your IOSH Working Safely examination/assessment is included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
What are the prerequisites?
There are no prior prerequisites this take this course, but the desire the understand Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course location, pre-course work, course agenda and payment receipt. Please keep this email for your own records
How long is the course?
1 day and the daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45.
IOSH Working Safely 1 day course covers the following topics:
Safety management is a grown and demanding skill in any type of environment and industry. This intensive 1 day Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) Working Safely is BCS accredited course will provide the qualifications to enable this. This course will cover the essential elements related to health and safety responsibilities in the workplace.
This programme will provide delegates the knowledge and skills on how to identify common hazards and risks and how to prevent these to enhance safety performance in the workplace.
Candidates can take their knowledge and skills further by proceeding in more intermediate level certifications.
- There are no prior prerequisites this take this course, but the desire the understand Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Who should attend this course?
- Anybody interested in Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Those who want to gain qualifications in IOSH
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on how to perform an accident investigation
- Have knowledge on the importance of managing safely
- Gain the skills to identify common hazards and risks
- Gain the skills to enhance safety performance
This 2 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first part will cover the essential materials needed to understand Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- The remaining part will cover the essential materials needed to take the IOSH Working Safely exam
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to IOSH Working Safely
- Features of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Features of Working Safely
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of IOSH
- Definitions of IOSH
- Managing Safely
- Assessing Risks
- Controlling Risks
- Managers’ Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Hazards and Risks
- Accidents and Incidents
- Safety Performance
- Protecting your Environment
- The Importance of Managing Safely
- Risk Assessment Roles
- Risk Assessment Process
- Risk Control Methods
- Legal Systems
- Health and Safety Management Systems
- Common Hazards
- How Accidents and Incidents Happen
- Performance Measurement
- Health and Safety Performance
- The Role of Auditing
- Control Pollution and Waste
- Environmental Management System
IOSH Working Safely exam consists of:
- Knowledge in IOSH
- Multiple choice examination
- IOSH methodology
- 10 questions
- Closed book
- 20 minutes
- Pass mark – 50%
- IOSH Course Manual
- IOSH Certificates
- Experienced IOSH instructors
- Pre-course IOSH material provided before attendance
- IOSH exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course