APMP Training - APMP Certification
Can you confirm your course is accredited?
Yes. We are pleased to say that our course and all of its materials have been fully accredited by the APM
Do I have to buy my own course materials?
After payment has been made PRINCE2 Training will supply, your own courseware folder, refreshments, both official examinations dependant on chosen course, pre-course work supplied via email and official certificate(s). WIth effect of 1st Jan 2015 all delegates attending a course after 1st Jan 2015 will need to source their own copy of the official Body of Knowledge 6th Edition Manual which you will need to bring with you to the course Paperback: ISBN: 978-1-903494-40-0 or Hardback: ISBN: 978-1-903494-41-7
How much are the exams?
PRINCE2 Training are happy to say that your APMP Certificate examination is included in the overall course cost. All subsequent exam re-takes are subject to an additional fee
Do I need to study before attending the course?
Yes. As a pre-requisite, we provide pre-course work via email that we strongly advise you work through prior to attending. We will supply theofficial APM Body of Knowledge 5th Edition Course Manual that we'd like for you read and also complete a few short exercises that need to be handed to the instructor upon arrival on the course
When do I get confirmation of the course that I booked?
As soon as payment has been made and received may it be over the phone or via our online booking system, an email will be despatched detailing the course
I've had homework on other training courses but is there homework for this course?
There will be work that requires completion each evening and will be set by the instructor at the end of each day.
How long is the course?
The daily hours are on average 09:00 to 17:00. We would like for you to arrive at approximately 08:45. The instructor will discuss the remaining days upon your arrival on the first day.
To BOOK please choose the COURSE DATES tab on the left to book your APMP® course
What are the prerequisites?
Have at least 2 years of experience in project management Have some experience in a project environment Be familiar with project management issues
APM PMQ 5 day course covers the following topics:
Project managerial skills are a collective skill in any type of organisation, Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) is one of them. This 5 day BCS accredited course will cover the essential elements related to APMP proposal-related such as how to promote the professionalism in a project environment and engage those in pursuit. This will also cover prior learning in PRINCE2 qualifications.
This programme will provide delegates the knowledge and skills for aspiring project managers to create a new business acquisition cycle and maintain the proposals cycle core.
Candidates can take their knowledge and skills further by proceeding in more intermediate and advance level certifications – ‘APMP for PRINCE2 Practitioners’.
To attend this course, you must:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in project management
- Have some experience in a project environment
- Be familiar with project management issues
Pre-Course Reading Material
- ‘APM Body of Knowledge’ (6th Edition)
- ‘APMP: The APM Project Management Qualification Study Guide’
- APM Body of Knowledge, (APM BoK) (5th Edition)
- Body of Knowledge Manual (6th Edition)
Who should attend this course?
- Project Managers
- Aspiring Project Managers
- Management Consultants
- Anybody interested in Project Management
- Those who want to gain qualifications in APMP
After completing this course, delegates will be able to:
- Have an in-depth knowledge on Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
- Have knowledge on project management plan
- Gain the skills to promote the professionalism in a project environment
- Gain the skills to create and maintain a new business acquisition cycle
This 5 day course will be divided into a two-part structure:
- In the first 3 days will cover the essential materials needed to understand APMP
- The last 2 days will cover the essential materials needed to take the APMP Certificate exam
- Delegates will be given a 1 hour home study each evening
This course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to APMP Certificate
- Features of Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP)
- Features of Project Management
- Key Concepts
- Terminology of Project Management
- Definitions of Project Management
- The Project Management Process
- Project Constraints
- Health, Safety and Environment
- People Management
- Project Characteristics
- Business Characteristics
- Project Initiators
- Planning Tools
- Resource Histogram
- Project Lifecycle
- Extended Project Lifecycle
- Stakeholder Management
- Starting up a Project
- Starting up a Conception
- Management Systems
- Project Organisations
- Investment Appraisal
- Project Monitoring
- Project Control
- Benefit Realisation
- Project Management Approach
- Project Context
- Project Organisation Structure
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Project Reporting
- Project Reviews
- Detailed Planning
- Critical Path Analysis
- Gantt Chart
- Programme Management
- Team Management
- Business Case
- Project Management Plan
- Methods and Procedures
- Change Management
- Configuration Management
- Breakdown Structures
APMP Certificate consists of:
- Knowledge in Project Management
- Written based examination
- Project Management methodology
- 16 questions
- Closed book
- 3 hours
- Pass mark – 10/16
- APMP Course Manual
- APMP Certificates
- Experienced APMP instructors
- Pre-course APMP material provided before attendance
- APMP exam
- Official BCS certificate
There hasn't been any testimonials submitted to this course
We do not currently have a video for this course